- South East Business Boost
The South East Business Boost (SEBB) programme is designed to support SME’s and start-up businesses by offering either grant funding, one to one coaching or workshops across the Kent and Medway region.
You can apply for support under the SEBB Programme if you meet the following criteria:
- Be a sole trader, partnership, limited company or a not for profit business
- Currently have fewer than 250 employees
- Your business must be based within one of the following areas: Ashford, Canterbury, Dartford, Dover, Folkestone and Hythe, Gravesham, Maidstone, Medway, Sevenoaks, Swale, Thanet, Tonbridge and Malling, and Tunbridge Wells.
- Not have received more than £172,000 in Government grants over the last three years.
- Have a turnover of less than £43m
The main goal of the programme is to support businesses with the introduction of new to firm products and services and the creation of fulltime jobs.
The programme is completely free to access, providing you meet the required eligibility, and can help your company to grow.
A number of sectors are ineligible for support including:
- Fisheries Aquaculture
- Steel and Shipbuilding
- Synthetic fibres
- Banking and Insurance
- Membership organisations that are politically affiliated
- Charities and voluntary sector organisations that are not using a trading arm.
The programme can support your business by offering either,
- 12 free hours of dedicated one to one business support
- Or access to our workshops programme run by leading experts in their field, including invaluable tips and tools to boost your business
- Or by providing access to contributory grant towards a growth project.
One to One Business Support
Our Business Advisors are ready and waiting to help ambitious SMEs and start-ups with 12 hours of free 1-2-1 support specifically tailored to your unique circumstances.
Our team is here to make sure you get the best advice when you need it, so you can grow your business efficiently and positively.
Our Business Advisors can help to review your business, establish what is going well and what can be improved and help you to implement those changes. Additionally, they can help with the preparation of a strategic plan for the future growth of your business.
Businesses accessing 1-2-1 support must be able to commit to the full 12 hour programme.
Our free 12 hour workshop programme can help both new and established businesses overcome common stumbling blocks and access the tools they need to grow. A fantastic opportunity to get together with fellow business owners and discuss challenges and experiences, whilst receiving group coaching on relevant business topics and skills such as:
- Vision and purpose
- Business growth
- New product development including product mix
- Effective communication
- Developing marketing and sales
- Bringing it all together
Businesses accessing the Workshop support must be able to commit to the full 12 hour programme.
The South East Business Boost (SEBB) programme is offering growth grants to SMEs to help them with the cost of expanding.
The programme requires the growth project to be paid for in full from your own private funds with the grant then reimbursing 30% of the costs of qualifying projects to support business growth, enable job creation, and assist with the introduction of new products and services with the remaining 70% being met by the business. No purchases may be made, or suppliers engaged, until your project is approved. Once approved, all purchases have to be paid for in full before 30% of the cost can be claimed back.
Grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 can be claimed to support projects with a total value of between £3,334 and £35,000.