- The Malaysia Market: Health & Life Sciences Virtual Support Programme
The Malaysia Market: Health & Life Sciences Virtual Support Programme
15/06/2022 - 02/09/2022
Event Website/Booking Link
The SEED Project provides FREE support to help health & life science businesses in Kent & Medway, East Sussex, Essex and South Essex to get into overseas markets.
SEED’s ‘Health & Life Science – Malaysia’ programme aims to connect SELEP-based businesses to business opportunities in the Malaysian market.
KEY DATES & WHAT TO EXPECT
• Market Briefing Session (9 June 2022, 8.00-9.00am) This online session will provide an overview of the Malaysian market, insight into the healthcare system and a Q&A session with a sector specialist from the British Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (BMCC).
• Individual 1-2-1 consultation with the BMCC (4 – 20 July 2022, 8.00-11.00am) Companies will each receive a virtual one-hour 121 meeting between the hours of 8am-11am with the BMCC Trade Team to discuss their product/service and plans for Malaysia. Participants will have been provided market information at this stage and will have done their review of this. These online meetings will help to ensure that companies understand how to get fully ‘export ready’ for the SEED virtual trade mission to Malaysia.
• Virtual Trade Mission: Malaysia (17 August – 2 September 2022, 8.00–11.00am) The BMCC will arrange for Business Matching for the UK Mission Delegates with in market stakeholders, based on their criteria provided during the 1-2-1 consultation above. The meetings with local stakeholders will be virtual and held during this period.
WHY THE MALAYSIA MARKET?
Malaysia is one of the fastest growing markets for UK exports and despite the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, this market continues to offer opportunities across a wide range of UK exports as demand increases for a variety of goods and services. The majority of Malaysia’s population is young and growing with over 30 million consumers. Malaysian society is multi-cultural and multi-lingual, but English is the business language and is widely spoken—particularly in metropolitan areas. British brands are well respected in the market, offering vast opportunities for health & life science companies from the SE of England.
1. Please email email@example.com
2. Visit www.kentinternationalbusiness.co.uk/seed/ to download an expression of interest form.