Funding is provided to either effect some change in the economy such as create more jobs, innovation, green working, etc. or to address a market failure such as a lack of social enterprises. For this reason, criteria and eligibility is often very specific and funding may often take the form of paid for advice, zero interest loans or small grants that require a match contribution from the business. If you’re unsure whether you qualify for any of the schemes below please get in touch and we’ll do our best to help.
- Learn About Grants And Finance
The business finance guide provides a comprehensive overview of the financing options available to growing businesses. Whatever the challenges faced, the right financing decisions are critical. For business owners and management, awareness of the choices available allows the business to make a well-informed financing decision.
This link takes you to a helpful tool that guides you through the various options for finance: Find the right finance for you
Search finance and support for your business, click here to go to the Government National Finance Finder Tool.
Local Grants & Funding
£20 Million SME Brexit Support Fund
Smaller businesses can apply for grants of up to £2,000 to help them adapt to new customs and tax rules when trading with the EU. The £20 million SME Brexit Support Fund enables traders to access practical support, including training for new customs, rules of origin and VAT processes.
Applications will close on 30 June 2021 or earlier if all funding is allocated before this date.Tell me more
Innovate UK Smart Grants 2021
Innovate UK is investing up to £25 million in the best game-changing and commercially viable innovative or disruptive ideas. All proposals must be business-focused. Applications can come from any area of technology and be applied to any part of the economy.
Apply before: Wednesday 25 August 2021 11:00amTell me more
SE Internationalisation Fund
– Match funded grant between £1,000 and £9,000
– SMEs with high growth potential and t/o > £500K
– Can be used for professional advice, consultancy, trade show participationTell me more
South East Business Boost II (SEBBII)
The programme can fund up to 30% of the costs of qualifying projects, with the remaining 70% being met by the business.
- Funding available for capital items
- Grants between £1,000-£10,000
- Funding 30% of your project
Businesses who were supported with either a grant or a business support intervention on the South East Business Boost I (SEBB I) are not eligible to apply for SEBB II.Tell me more
LOCASE (Low Carbon Across the South East)
The LOCASE fund has reopened.
- Funding available for carbon reduction and increase in sustainability.
- Funding available for businesses within the environmental and sustainability sector
- Grants between £1000-£10,000
- Funding 40% of your project
I-Construct works 1:1 with small and medium-sized enterprises to assess their business plan, agree tailored business support, and offer project- specific help with business development or grant-funding applications.
I-Construct also offers SMEs a choice of two additional routes to work on their business priorities:
- Business development support
- 30% Grant funding between £1,000 and £20,000
Start Up Loan - Creative England
Unlocking the UK’s creative potential
- 18+ years old
- Up to £25,000, 1-5 year terms, 6%
- Eligibility includes trading up to 24 months
- Criteria includes at least £300,000 ‘recent’ turnover and one year of accounts filed at Companies House.
Start Up Loan + 12 months Mentoring
Start or grow your own business
- 18+ years old
- Pre-start or trading less than 24 months
- UK-based business
- Up to £25,000 at 6% p.a. fixed for up to 5 years
The Manufacturing Growth Programme Grant Scheme
- For small to medium sized businesses
- For manufacturers who are able to demonstrate an intention to grow/improve
- To support the costs of working with an external expert