Skip to page content

Funding is provided to either effect some change in the economy such as create more jobs, innovation, green working, etc. or to address a market failure such as a lack of social enterprises. For this reason, criteria and eligibility is often very specific and funding may often take the form of paid for advice, zero interest loans or small grants that require a match contribution from the business. If you’re unsure whether you qualify for any of the schemes below please get in touch and we’ll do our best to help.

british-business-bank

The business finance guide provides a comprehensive overview of the financing options available to growing businesses. Whatever the challenges faced, the right financing decisions are critical. For business owners and management, awareness of the choices available allows the business to make a well-informed financing decision.

This link takes you to a helpful tool that guides you through the various options for finance: Find the right finance for you

Search finance and support for your business, click here to go to the Government National Finance Finder Tool.

Local Grants & Funding

£20 Million SME Brexit Support Fund

Smaller businesses can apply for grants of up to £2,000 to help them adapt to new customs and tax rules when trading with the EU. The £20 million SME Brexit Support Fund enables traders to access practical support, including training for new customs, rules of origin and VAT processes.

Tell me more.....
Innovate UK Smart Grants 2021

Innovate UK is investing up to £25 million in the best game-changing and commercially viable innovative or disruptive ideas. All proposals must be business-focused. Applications can come from any area of technology and be applied to any part of the economy.

Tell me more.....
SE Internationalisation Fund

– Match funded grant between £1,000 and £9,000

– SMEs with high growth potential and t/o > £500K

– Can be used for professional advice, consultancy, trade show participation

Tell me more....
Recovery Innovation Fund

Kent’s Knowledge Exchange and Innovation (KEI) department will be able to support businesses with:

  • Exploring ways to inspire business evolution
  • Allowing employees to improve and grow
  • Discovering or cultivating new products
  • Cultivating business efficiency
  • Solving problems
  • Engaging with viability studies
  • Exploring new business initiatives
Tell me more....
South East Business Boost II (SEBBII)

The programme can fund up to 30% of the costs of qualifying projects, with the remaining 70% being met by the business.

  • Funding available for capital items
  • Grants between £1,000-£10,000
  • Funding 30% of your project

Businesses who were supported with either a grant or a business support intervention on the South East Business Boost I (SEBB I) programme are not eligible to apply for SEBB II.

Please note that business support workshops and 1-2-1 advice will be available later in the year.

Tell me more....
LOCASE (Low Carbon Across the South East)

The LOCASE fund has reopened.

  • Funding available for carbon reduction and increase in sustainability.
  • Funding available for businesses within the environmental and sustainability sector
  • Grants between £1000-£10,000
  • Funding 40% of your project
Tell me more...
I-Construct

I-Construct works 1:1 with small and medium-sized enterprises to assess their business plan, agree tailored business support, and offer project- specific help with business development or grant-funding applications.

I-Construct also offers SMEs a choice of two additional routes to work on their business priorities:

  • Business development support: Up to 9 hours of free 1:1 business mentoring
  • 30% Grant funding between £1,000 and £20,000 to part fund the development and launch of a new product or service; this is for consultancy, to upgrade or purchase a new system, associated hardware and a new employee.
Tell me more...
TALE (Transport and Logistical Efficiencies)

ERDF-funded project designed for SMEs in the Transport and Logistics sector to make the most of their logistics data to improve profit margins and reduce costs. This includes:

  • Grants up to £10K
  • 40% of project costs
  • Pay first claim back
Tell me more...
Start Up Loan + 12 months Mentoring
  • 18+ years old
  • Pre-start or trading less than 24 months
  • UK-based business
  • Up to £25,000 at 6% p.a. fixed for up to 5 years

 

Tell me more
The Manufacturing Growth Programme Grant Scheme
  • For small to medium sized businesses
  • For manufacturers who are able to demonstrate an intention to grow/improve
  • To support the costs of working with an external expert
Tell me more

Got questions? Ask Phil

Sign up for Business Support Updates

Sign up to receive email alerts about the latest grants, funding and initiatives available across Kent and Medway

Sign up here