Funding is provided to either effect some change in the economy such as create more jobs, innovation, green working, etc. or to address a market failure such as a lack of social enterprises. For this reason, criteria and eligibility is often very specific and funding may often take the form of paid for advice, zero interest loans or small grants that require a match contribution from the business. If you’re unsure whether you qualify for any of the schemes below please get in touch and we’ll do our best to help.
- Learn About Grants And Finance
The business finance guide provides a comprehensive overview of the financing options available to growing businesses. Whatever the challenges faced, the right financing decisions are critical. For business owners and management, awareness of the choices available allows the business to make a well-informed financing decision.
This link takes you to a helpful tool that guides you through the various options for finance: Find the right finance for you
Search finance and support for your business, click here to go to the Government National Finance Finder Tool.
Local Grants & Funding
Innovation Loans - For SME's with game-changing ideas
- Up to £10 million in loans to help SMEs to commercialise innovative products or services.
- any area of technology or the economy and must lead to sustainable business growth.
- The scheme supports projects in the late stage of development.
TALE (Transport and Logistical Efficiencies)
ERDF-funded project designed for SMEs in the Transport and Logistics sector to make the most of their logistics data to improve profit margins and reduce costs. This includes:
- Data Analysis
- 1-2-1 support
Financial support for social sector organisations looking to become more enterprising
- Feasibility Grants between £5,000 – £10,000
- Development Grants around £50,000
Innovation Loans - Manufacturing & Materials
• For UK businesses that want to scale up and grow through innovation
• £100k to £1m for eligible project costs
• Low interest rate
• Reasonable collateral
• Appropriate covenants
Utilise Plus Programme
- Grants – between £1,000 and £5,000 to cover up to 1/3 of the cost of energy efficiency projects.
- Workshops – half-day, practical sessions explore energy efficiency measures.
Kent and Medway Business Fund
Kent County Council are offering 0% loans between £50,000 and £500,000 to small and medium sized businesses in Kent and Medway.
This is currently open for pre-application from 25th June 2019.Tell me more
Growth Loan in Medway
- Established businesses only (min. 2 years trading)
- Up to £10,000 interest free loan
- If in commercial property, must be paying Business Rates in Medway
- For More information contact the Kent and Medway Growth Hub on 01233 225447
Start Up Grant in Medway
- Pre-start businesses only
- Up to £1,000
- Must be based in Medway
- For More information call the Kent and Medway Growth Hub on 01233 225447
Start Up Loan + 12 months Mentoring
- 18+ years old
- Pre-start or trading less than 24 months
- UK-based business
- Up to £25,000 at 6% p.a. fixed for up to 5 years
Innovate UK Grant Funding
- Test new ideas and develop innovative products or services
- Variety of schemes from £25,000 to £10,000,000
UKTI Trade show Grant
- Grant to attend organised overseas trade shows
- £1,500 to £2,500 match funded
- Stand and exhibition space costs
Loans for Not for Profit Social Enterprises & Charities
- Start-up or existing incorporated organisations
- Borrow £10,000 – £100,000 up to 5 years
- Potential of grant assistance
- Flat interest rate of 5% pa
The Manufacturing Growth Programme Grant Scheme
- For small to medium sized businesses
- For manufacturers who are able to demonstrate an intention to grow/improve
- To support the costs of working with an external expert
- Up to €500 travel grant for attending life science events
- Up to €3,000 for steps towards market entry
- Up to €5,000 towards product validation activities
- Loans from £2,500 to £35,000
- Loan terms from 6 months to 5 years
- Rates from 8% to 14%
- No early payback penalties
- Long term flexible rolling loans
All loans are subject to an upfront admin fee that is only payable on success
EIRA Innovation Vouchers
- R & D Innovation Vouchers £7,500 – Ai, Biotechnology and Digital Creative
- 80/20 match funded
For academic experts to provide a business with support for scoping or developing new products, solving problems, carrying out a feasibility study, scoping a new business idea and more.
- For R&D activity for A.I., Biotechnology and Digital Creative
- £20 000-£50 000
- 75/25 match funded grants for:
* feasibility testing
* development of a product or service,
* de-risking a complex innovation
* diversifying product range
* enhancing products from prototypes and more.