Thursday, September 15, 2022
SEBB CASE STUDY – NEIL JACKSON – PENNYWOOD TOURS
The South-East Business Boost is a programme run by Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce on behalf of Kent County Council and Southend City Council. The programme is drawing to a close at the end of December and offered match funded grants of up to £10,000, Start up grants of up to £2000 or 12 hours of business support to help grow your business.
The Growth Hub has helped more than 200 businesses to access the programme. We spoke to two businesses that have benefited from the programme to see how it helped them.
‘I found the advice supplied on the SEBB program was very pragmatic, sensible and helpful. I became better at standing back to look at what the business was/is doing and found the marketing and financial tools helpful in gaining greater control over how the company performs.’
- What made you consider approaching KMGH for the SEBB support programme? What was the position of your business?
The Kent and Medway Growth Hub had reached out to businesses during the covid lockdown, and I thought it would be a good opportunity to review our business and look at what opportunities there might be for support out there.
- What were you hoping to get out of the SEBB programme?
I was looking for information on grants and tax information and some perspective on where our business stood and how we might move forward
- What was your experience of the business support your received from Philip Pilgrim – Business Advisor
He offered very pragmatic and useful advice which was extremely helpful
- Did it change the way you are running your business? What did you get out of the experience?
I was able to use some of the tools provided to analyse our performance in a more detailed way. I have been able to step back from some of the administrative responsibilities which has freed me up to plan and grow the business more effectively
- How are things now for your business and what are your future plans?
The business has doubled since lockdown, and we are taking more and more staff on to manage the growth of the business. It is a step change in terms of growth, and we are operating in a more organised and planned way which is a more efficient way to run the business.
- Would you recommend the services of KMGH and the SEBB support programme to others?
I would absolutely recommend businesses to get in touch with KMGH to see if there are opportunities for support. I have personally recommended the SEBB programme to other businesses I hope they have taken up the opportunity as we did.Back to all news posts