- Achieving your business growth ambitions with Innovate UK EDGE support
Achieving your business growth ambitions with Innovate UK EDGE support
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Event Website/Booking Link
About this event
This webinar will explain Innovate UK EDGE innovation and growth support and the types of businesses we work with.
Innovate UK EDGE is a key part of the UK innovation agency’s investment in the innovative businesses that drive economic growth. It provides intensive, specialist-led support for ambitious businesses.
Each high-potential, innovative business we work with benefits from the objective perspective of a dedicated innovation and growth specialist local to them. Our specialist considers a business in the round and, working closely with its leadership, identifies the most productive ways to accelerate its growth.
This webinar will explain the core areas of support we can provide from helping you to access funding & finance to IP and expanding into new markets. We will give real-life examples of the businesses we have worked with and the impact of this support, helping to achieve their growth ambitions.
Key topics covered
We will discuss the common pain points we identify with growing businesses and how we help resolve these. Topics include:
- Who is Innovate UK EDGE? A little history and about our team of specialists.
- Who do we help…and why?
- What is business coaching?
- Scope of support such as source funding, investment readiness, IP strategy & audits, new markets, corporate & marketing strategy and design thinking.
- Covid-19 & business recovery.
- Opportunity spotting.
- Client view – Paul Mellor, Founder of RacketWare Ltd.
Delegate learning from the webinar
- The background of our Innovation & Growth Specialists.
- The scope of our support and how we work with businesses to understand their issues and ambitions.
- The types of businesses we work with, including specific examples of the impact of support.
- How Innovate UK EDGE works with other specialist providers of funding, resources and expertise across many sectors and technologies.
Who is this webinar for
This webinar is exclusively for small to medium sized businesses up to 500 employees in the following UK counties: Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey, West Sussex, East Sussex and Kent. It is tailored to innovative businesses with high growth ambitions who are likely to or considering looking for investment.
Irving Levy, Innovation & Growth Specialist at Innovate UK EDGE has a background in commercial banking and enterprise support. He specialises in strategic planning, marketing, sales and finance. The first part of his career was with Barclays Bank in a variety of roles and has previously worked with Oxford Innovation as a Business Adviser under the Growth Accelerator programme as well as a number of enterprise support companies including Business Link.
Paul Mellor, Founder of RacketWare Ltd, a company producing IoT motion sensing solutions for racket sports, targeted initially at squash. Paul has experience, including board level and company flotations, including HP Research Labs, Lucent Technologies, Vicorp Ltd. and Nuance.