- Attracting Venture Capital
Attracting Venture Capital
08/12/2021 - 09/12/2021
Event Website/Booking Link
NCL Technology Ventures (NCL) will be delivering a 12-hour programme for aspiring Chief Executive’s and Chief Technology Officers on how to attract venture capital investment for their businesses.
The programme will be delivered on behalf of South-East Innovation programme (SE-IP) and provide early-stage entrepreneurs and companies with an overview of the fund-raising process from the point of view of a venture capitalist, including a checklist of requirements for an entrepreneur to complete when fund-raising and an opportunity to review their business plan/pitch-deck.
The South-East Innovation Programme is part funded by the European Union Regional Development Fund 2014 – 2020 and is free of charge to participants.
Entrepreneurs and companies must either be located within the SELEP area covering Kent, Medway, Essex, East Sussex, Southend-on-Sea and Thurrock or consider moving to the area prior to the programme.
The programme will coincide with the planned opening of the Maidstone Innovation Centre in Autumn 2021, which has been part funded by the European Union Regional Development Fund 2014 – 2020 and has previously received funding from the South-East Local Enterprise Partnership.
NCL Technology Ventures is a specialist technology investor, with UK offices in both London and Kent. NCL has backed some of the most promising technology companies and has a wealth of experience in developing market leading businesses. SMEs that complete the SE-IP programme will be considered for investment from NCLs Technology Fund.
The Programme Content will be as follows:
Entrepreneurs will be invited to join a 12-hour programme of activity to help develop a business plan, financial model, and pitch-deck. The course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the programme.
- Overview of fund-raising process.
- What to prepare and how to pull the detail together, covering:
- Technology/Commercial/Sales/Market analysis.
- Financial Planning.
- Team/Legal/Accounting/Governance/Raising investment/Communication.
- Due Diligence
- Identifying potential investors and pitching
Upcoming workshops are planned as follows:
- 08/09 Dec 2021 – The Business Terrace, King Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6AW.
- 18/19 Jan 2022 – Maidstone Innovation Centre (TBC).
- 15/16 Feb 2022 – Maidstone Innovation Centre (TBC).
- As an entrepreneur who is participating prior to starting a business, you must be living in the SELEP area.
- As an entrepreneur who is participating on behalf of business that is already set up you must have a trading address in the SELEP area and must be below the EU state Aide De Minimus Funding level (Euro’s 200,000 in the last 3 years).
Entry will be on a first come first served basis. Interested entrepreneurs and companies should contact Graham Hutchins via email at email@example.com for details of upcoming events and how to join.