- Effective Negotiations in Retail for Sales and Account Managers
Effective Negotiations in Retail for Sales and Account Managers
23/09/2019 - 25/09/2019
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
K+K Hotel George Kensington
Event Website/Booking Link
About this Event
The Effective Negotiations skills program is delivered over three consecutive one-day sessions and is designed specifically for Sales and Account Managers in the Retail industry who negotiate with Category Managers/Buyers of the Big 4 as well as Aldi and Lidl. There will be a mix of learning opportunities including plenty of opportunity to try out complex negotiations to see how best practice techniques work. Delegates will come away with their own action plans for embedding these methods and skills into their own working environments.
As a Result of Attending this Program, delegates will:
• Be in a position to deploy a formalised and measurable processes when negotiating with large groceries
• Know how to develop a suitable strategy and plans for negotiation approaches, based upon the supplier segments
• Be able to identify top negotiation priorities for both parties, determine their alternative options and calculate the true cost of concessions
• Be in a position to engage and influence decision makers
• Use insights from a range of data to build commercial proposals that get acceptance from customers with different needs and priorities
The Delegates will Experience a Range of Exciting and Testing Scenarios:
This program uses a combination of facilitated training and an advanced soft drinks based Business Simulation with real life negotiations (face to face) between suppliers and retailers.
There will be some initial material which the delegates should read through before the course, to prepare them for the scenarios they will face. Once the key concepts of effective negotiating have been explained and tried out, delegates will receive a series of reports that describe the “as Is” situation to use as a basis to develop their team’s strategy and tactics for each round of negotiations.