- Her Biz – Business Start-up Workshop
Her Biz – Business Start-up Workshop
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Event Website/Booking Link
The popular Her Biz start-up programme returns via Zoom this September with the chance to win £500 towards your start-up costs!
Are you thinking about setting up a new business? Her Biz, the ‘virtual’ Women’s Start Up programme is returning to support aspiring female entrepreneurs in East Sussex and Kent.
Her Biz is designed specifically to encourage more women to start a business, why not, turn your idea into a reality with the chance to WIN £500 towards your start-up costs!
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 15th September 2021.
The current crisis is undoubtedly having a huge impact on how we live and work, but this situation could provide the ideal opportunity to develop a business idea and get ready to take it forward when the time is right. Take your first step today.
These FREE sessions will take place via Zoom whilst social distancing measures are in place (dates below). Note – you can access Zoom easily from your desktop computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
This popular programme is delivered by Let’s Do Business Group in partnership with NatWest.
Her Biz: What’s it about?
To increase entrepreneurship locally, we are offering women in East Sussex & Kent a fantastic opportunity to come together to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence they’ll need to launch a successful business.
This inspiring programme has been specifically created to help and encourage women to set up new businesses. From refining your business idea to marketing and managing your finances, we can help you to prepare for a successful launch.
That’s why we also include an optional competition to give you the chance to win £500 towards start-up costs. Following the course you will just need to submit a business plan to enter, and it’s open to all those selected to participate.
Given the current need for social distancing, the programme will be delivered directly through your screens, as you join our experienced Start-Up Coaches for a series of 4 x 2 1/2 hour sessions hosted via Zoom.
So far, the team have had 15 successful rounds of the Her Biz programme across East Sussex and Kent over the past 2 years, each one over-subscribed, so we urge you to apply now to avoid disappointment!
Prior to the workshops you will receive a quick telephone call to chat about your idea and the structure of the programme.
Please note – there are limited spaces, so not all those that apply will get a place.
The programme will help you to:
- Explore and clarify your business idea
- Research your target market and understand your competitors
- Understand the numbers, create projections and explore funding options
- Develop your business model and kick-start your business plan
- Start shaping your marketing strategy incl. online and social media presence
- Set your business goals
- Overview of business types, tax and insurance
- Tools to help with taking the next step
- Gain peer support from like-minded people
- The programme also includes a 1-2-1 session with a Start-Up Coach to refine your individual plan.
Workshop Dates & Times –
The programme consists of 4 x 2.5 hour sessions, each from 10 am to 12:30 pm.
- Friday 24th September
- Friday 1st October
- Friday 8th October
- Friday 15th October
Please apply by Wednesday 15th September to be considered
Please note that previous participants have done so whilst caring for children and juggling other distractions. So don’t let that be a barrier and if you have any specific needs or cannot attend all the sessions in your location please just drop us a line to email@example.com and we can discuss options.
- Identify as female
- Living/based in East Sussex/Kent
- Open to anyone that’s not yet up and running or has recently registered as self-employed or a company.
Please note that your details may be shared with NatWest who are funding this project.
Got questions? Ask Phil
- The Canadian Market: Health & Life Sciences Virtual Support Programme
- The Malaysia Market: Health & Life Sciences Virtual Support Programme
- The Canadian Market: Digital & Creative Virtual Support Programme
- NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate
- NetZero Networking Cycle Ride from Macknade, Faversham, Wed 6 July, 7.30am