- Kent & Medway Business Summit
Kent & Medway Business Summit
9:30 am - 2:15 pm
Event Website/Booking Link
Join 400 Kent business leaders, local government decision-makers and academic experts at the County’s flagship event, to discuss regional challenges and promote Kent as a sustainable, innovative, forward-thinking and outward-looking county.
Hosted by FSB Chair for Women in Business Deborah Turner, you will have the chance to network online with other attendees and hear from a number of high-profile speakers including Phil Eckersley, Bank of England and Prof. Anand Menon, UK in a Changing Europe. In 2021, the Summit will be hosted virtually using the exciting platform, Remo, which offers unparalleled opportunities for networking and collaboration.
Join on 15 January to:
- Hear expert analyses on the UK’s political and economic landscape, including changes in our relationship with the EU
- Learn from our inspirational speakers on how to increase your organisation’s productivity post COVID-19
- Share good practice with Kent stakeholders and hear about cross-sector projects in breakout workshops.
- Enjoy high-level networking with local government, business and academia
The Summit offers the chance for businesses, large and small, across multiple sectors to contribute to the debate shaping the future of our county. To discuss sponsorship opportunities contact Rebecca Smith at KBSbusiness@kent.ac.uk
9.30-9.50 Conference opens for networking
10.05-10.40 The latest economic overview, Phil Eckersley, Bank of England and Q&A.
11.00-12.00 Lecture Theatre
11.00-11.20 Business opportunities from major regional projects and
development, Locate in Kent
11.20-11.40 Roadmap to Renewal: Kent and Medway councils update on
regional strategy for business renewal
11.40-12.00 Business impact of Brexit, Prof Anand Menon, Director,
UK in a Changing Europe
11.00-12.00 Workshops 1 & 2:
1. Necessity is the mother of invention: innovation and productivity in Kent’s local independent food and drink sector – lessons learnt and next steps.
2. New-collar jobs: skilling Kent and Medway for our cultural/creative/digital future
12.00-12.35 Lunch and networking
12.35-1.35 Lecture Theatre
12.35-1.00 The Business impact of Covid-19 Dr Roger Barker,
Head of Policy, Institute of Directors. Q&A
1.00-1.30 Final keynote (TBA)
12.35-1.35 Workshops 3&4:
3. Placemaking for Kent and Medway: shaping our future high streets
4. A green economy: Building a sustainable infrastructure for Kent and Medway
1.35-1.40 Comfort break
1.40-1.45 Closing remarks
Book your place here.
Join the KMBS LinkedIn Group and follow #KentBusinessSummit on Twitter.