- New Enterprise Grant (SEBB)
South East Business Boost (SEBB) New Enterprise Grants
There are a very limited amount of 100% funded grants of £1000-£2000 available for businesses under 12 months old that can demonstrate solid positive growth and can show that the items purchased using the grant will grow the business and create a new job or service.
Complete the expression of interest and tick the less than 12 months old box to be considered for this grant.
You can apply for support under the SEBB New Enterprise Grant Programme if you meet the following criteria:
- Be a sole trader, partnership, limited company or a not for profit business
- Currently have fewer than 250 employees
- Your business must be based within one of the following areas: Ashford, Canterbury, Dartford, Dover, Folkestone and Hythe, Gravesham, Maidstone, Medway, Sevenoaks, Swale, Thanet, Tonbridge and Malling, and Tunbridge Wells.
- Not have received more than £172,000 in Government grants over the last three years.
- Have a turnover of less than £43m
The main goal of the programme is to support businesses with the introduction of new to firm products and services and the creation of full time jobs and to provide growth for new enterprises that show promising growth in their first few months.
A number of sectors are ineligible for support including:
- Fisheries Aquaculture
- Steel and Shipbuilding
- Synthetic fibres
- Banking and Insurance
- Membership organisations that are politically affiliated
- Charities and voluntary sector organisations that are not using a trading arm.
The programme can support your business by offering a grant towards a growth project for businesses less than 12 months old.
The new enterprise must be able to evidence positive growth within the business within it’s first few months, for example be able to demonstrate a growing order book.