- I-Construct Webinar | First steps to project digitisation for SME?s in the built environment sector
I-Construct Webinar | First steps to project digitisation for SME?s in the built environment sector
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Event Website/Booking Link
Meet I-Construct’s industry experts and mentors in our regular expert sessions designed specifically to help SMEs develop and grow.
Experience their passion as thought leaders within the construction sector and supply chain, as they share their knowledge and offer guidance and essential market insight into key areas of business.
This month, we will be discussing project digitisation with I-Construct industry expert Peter Searle. After 34 years working for a main contractor, Peter set up a management consultancy to help SME businesses flourish, developing bespoke programs which deliver fast results.
In this webinar, Peter will explore the digitisation of building and civil engineering projects, and building information modelling (BIM) in particular. He will share the UK’s BIM journey so far, referencing the 2020 NBS BIM report. Then taking it to an international-level, explain what the ISO 19650 standard is. Finally, Peter will look at where construction is heading in the future with the Internet of Things (IOT).
Along the way Peter will explain the different BIM dimensions – from 3D to 7D – and discuss the relationship between BIM and whole-life costing. Offering some practical advice, he will also highlight how the UK BIM Alliance can help you take the first fundamental step on your digital transformation journey.
- Know where the construction industry is on its’ digitisation journey
- Understand how building projects can be digitised
- Know which steps to take to move to the next level
- 12pm – Networking via Zoom breakout rooms
- 12.05pm – Welcome, Patrick Maynard, Business Support Facilitator, I-Construct
- 12.10pm – Presentation: First steps to project digitisation for SME’s in the built environment sector, Peter Searle
- 12.50pm – Q&A
- 1pm – Closing words
This event is open to all SME I-Construct Network members.
If you’re not an I-Construct member but are interested in joining, you are welcome to attend one of our events to see what our network has to offer.
Register via the I-Construct website.
Registration will close at 12 pm, 27th April 2021.